Monday, November 5, 2012

Turkey love

This past weekend JDub and I had the privilege of going to a wedding in Ames! We were able to see some of his old fraternity brothers and relax for a bit (w/o the kiddos). It was nice :) The couple was about the cutest couple around! I'll admit when we get invited to weddings I'm usually the "let's just get a gift card" type of person..... I mean everyone loves getting a gift card right?! I know I do. But I thought I'd get a little more personal this time around.....

See the groom is a turkey farmer! And with it being Thanksgiving season and all I thought of something to make!

I took some plain white kitchen towels (from Wal-Mart)........


 And turned them into this! The bottom red and yellow strips are ribbon, and the rest are scraps I had on hand. I did have to iron on some interfacing to the back of the turkey to make him extra sturdy. Then I did a zig-zag stitch all the way around each feather and the body. I decided to go with yellow and red to represent ISU! I added the towels and some other kitchen goodies from their registry to a nice red bread basket. And of course I couldn't pass up throwing in a bottle of my favorite Reggae Red wine! I hope they enjoy them :) They were fun to make. 

I got in the turkey spirit and made a couple of felt turkeys to play with too! One is a girl turkey if you can't tell....

Gobble Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)