Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lego my truck!

So a while back JDub thought it would be a good idea to get out the Legos!! Not the mega blocks... but the old-school Legos he grew up with. It was quite cute seeing all my boys huddled on the floor legos everywhere.... For the most part they are pretty good with them. I think the boys have more fun pretending to shoot me with the lego men's gun or chopping at me with the little ax then actually building anything... but eh.



JDub still has the instruction books on how to construct a couple different trucks and atv's and whatever else.... (he's such an organized nerd, gotta love it!) but last night he thought to make up his own "super truck" if you will. I kid you not... he worked on that thing for 4 hours.... ok... maybe it was 3... but still. He worked on it while the boys were awake... and then he got it back out after they went to bed and worked on it some more.

Here it is!!!




He even built it an engine...


I know I should be more enthusiastic... every time I show him one of my crafts and he's all.... oh nice... and I'm thinking do you know how much time and effort that took?! I was hoping for a little more of a reaction... and then there's me rolling my eyes and calling him a dork instead of saying good job honey the boys are gonna love it!! (and then destroy it... I'm guessing it will be intact for 2.5 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)