Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Makeshift heating pad

Bubba has been battling colds all summer/fall it feels like! I really think he has allergies... but I'm too cheap and lazy to take him to an allergist and get it confirmed. He's also been complaining of ear aches as well. I was plagued with ear aches as a child... I remember frequently waking up in the middle of the night (why do they always come at the worst time?!) screaming in pain due to an ear infection. Then we'd have to go to the doctor and get prescribed the yummy medicine that was pink and tasted like bubblegum! Well I do believe in modern medicine... I think if my child is screaming in pain and complaining of his ear; something is wrong... They usually come after a long period of him being sick with a cold that develops into the ear infection! Well I saw that laying on a heating pad can help reduce the pain. So I figured what the hay... lets try it! Only... I couldn't find my heating pad!

Go figure..... I'll admit I'm a bit disorganized... and it only gets worse with my pregnancy brain. So while Bubba's off whining on the couch I'm like ok I have some rice... lets just make one!

and here's the finished rice-filled heating pad

I made it red b/c its Bubba's favorite color! He loves the thing.... wants me to heat it up every night and he lays his little head on it :) Whatever it takes to make that lil guy feel better works for me. I even have the other arm of the sweatshirt if we ever lose this one! I'm using some of the other material for another little project. Want to guess what it is for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)