Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Candy Corn bean bags

I have been asked to supply a game for Bubba's preschool Halloween party! I have to admit... I love Halloween!! I love dressing the kids up... I even like to dress up myself when the time comes. A few years back I sewed my first Halloween costume!


You might recall the little candy corn!! Aww Bubba's so sweet and innocent here! Ceej even wore the costume last year. Well I had plenty of yellow, white and orange fleece leftover from my little project. And you know how I am about holding on to my scraps!!! Anyway, I was trying to figure out what kind of game to do. So I logged onto Pinterest and started browsing. There were a few cute ideas out there.
Boo bowling with TP and pumpkin

throw darts to pop the balloons filled with confetti

witch pitch; throwing candy corn into little black pots
They were all cute... but I thought for a classroom of 15 kids.... the whole balloon confetti deal was a bit much... setting up the bowling game every time for every child would probably be a pain...... and would the kids even toss the candy corn or just eat it?!

I have to admit I initially thought "pin the face on the Jack-o-Latern"... But I thought I'd branch out a little (what with my "pin the tail on the sheep" and "pin the parrot on the pirate"). So after seeing this...........

I'm thinking I'll try it! I haven't started the pumpkin part... but I made my candy corn bags!!



I literally filled them with dried white beans... hopefully that's ok?! Aren't they cute?! Let's just hope the boys don't lose them before the party..... I'll keep you posted once the whole game is put together! Looking at them makes me want to buy candy corn and peanuts!! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)