Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

We hear "Thank God it's Friday" (T.G.I.F.) a lot. But let us thank God for Good Friday. Honestly I don't like thinking about Good Friday. It makes me so sad and hurts my heart. To think of poor, sinless, Jesus dying that horrible death...... for me... for ALL of us. I know it was all in the plan... God knew all along it had to happen and so did Jesus. But its still not fun to think about... but we do need to remember that suffering. If you have some time this weekend you should take a look at Psalms 22. You can see how something that was written years before Jesus even came on this earth, prophesied what was going to take place on Good Friday. You can also take a look at Matthew 27:27-31,  Mark 15:16-20 and John 19:16-37.

I do thank God it is Friday today. I don't want this weekend to be all about the Easter Bunny and egg hunts..... But for the kids sake we'll be sure to have a little bit of both!

We've been doing our Resurrection eggs frequently over the last couple of weeks. If you have never heard of these you should make some! The kids really love opening and closing the eggs and its visual too! The eggs follow the story of Good Friday through Easter. Each egg represents something Jesus had to go through.


a cross representing the cross Jesus was crucified on

a sword representing the sword the soldiers pierced
 Jesus' side with after he passed
Thankfully I had 2 sets of resurrection eggs! (We made one at my MOPS group this year and we did 3 years ago as well!) Of course my boys end up running around trying to stab each other with the swords... Bubba did a better job of listening and following along with each egg patiently.... Ceej on the other hand had his eggs strewn all over the place, eating half the bread in #1.... stealing the money out of #2....  but I think its good to show our kids these things! And while they might not fully understand now... at least hopefully they'll be a little more aware.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)