Friday, April 13, 2012

For the Love of ELMO

So I don't know when exactly.... but Ceej has developed a love for our furry friend, Elmo. He received some Elmo pj's over Christmas (thanks Grandma!!! :) ) and the other day while I was trying to change his diaper I went to take of these said Elmo pj bottoms. He threw the biggest fit. He did not want to take Elmo off... even if it meant getting a nice clean diaper! Finally I side-tracked him enough to get them off... we were going to get dressed for the day... but instead he had to put the Elmo bottoms back on!!! I decided it wasn't worth the battle (we weren't going anywhere that day anyway) so I let him keep them on.

He did the same thing on Sunday morning when it came time to go to church.... although this time JDub got to see the wrath of our almost 2 year old... Daddy won of course... we weren't going to wear Elmo to church on Easter Sunday!!!

I think I first picked up on Ceej's obsession when we were reading our "10 Minutes Til Bedtime" book. There's a lot going on in this book for the little amount of reading there actually is. At first I was annoyed with the book (thanks Grandma!!!) but I actually like it now. Ceej points out his favorite things and sometimes uses his words... But you can count on him finding this...........

Can you see it? I didn't even notice it because there is so much going with all the hamsters... but of course my lil Ceej would find Elmo in all that! Don't even try to turn the page until he has pointed him out! And sometimes we have to go back for a second peek at the end of the book as well...

Anyway... with all the Elmo love around here I came across these pair of jeans.

I believe they were hand-me-downs from a cousin... and well as you can see they've had a lot of wear and tear on them! They are only 2T as well... I thought since we are lacking on Elmo clothes maybe I could make some!

I took my hand at drawing our little red friend....

And made some extra copies of his eyes and nose and mouth......

I just love my scraps! If JDub had his way they would be in the trash but I have managed to turn them into something! I had fleece in red, orange, and white....



The only problem with little people pants is....... they are so tiny!!! After sewing everything together into a sort of "patch" I couldn't sew the patch on with my machine... had to hand-stitch it on...

It really does make you appreciate a hand-sewn object though... man it took me forever!!! Oh and thanks to the ladies from my small group... they gave me an idea of what to do for the other hole! At first I was going to try Cookie Monster... but then I thought I should have done Cookie and a choc chip cookie on the other knee. But they reminded me of good ol' Dorothy :)


What do y'all think?!

1 comment:

  1. He will love wearing them. Great job. lmh

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)