Monday, September 10, 2012

School, Lies, and Bedtime

Oh my goodness... where do I even start?! Bubba is in full-swing of preschool. Thank goodness he is loving it. At first he was very hesitant.. He said something sweet like "I don't want to go... I want to hang out with you Mommy...." and normal mom's would probably be all "Oh isn't he just the sweetest I don't want to send him off?!" Yea... well I'm not normal! I look forward to a couple hours away... And if you ask me... 12:45-3:15 really isn't long enough.. I mean Ceej barely gets a nap in with all his tantrums... but oh well... for a free preschool I guess I shouldn't be complaining!

Bubba has turned into a liar of sorts... JDub says I shouldn't call him a liar... but that's what he is?! Why sugar-coat it?! Just today he's eating lunch (hot-dog, peaches, and broccoli) and I'm trying to look somewhat presentable, getting ready in the bathroom because even though I start lunch at 11:30 my children rarely finish before we need to leave no later than 12:35...... when he's all "Can I get down?!" I left him with 3 pieces of broccoli to finish.... so I ask if he's eaten his broccoli... he says he has.... I go in to confirm and lo and behold his plate is clean! I praise him for finishing his food (knowing he was whining about having to eat his broccoli for about 10 minutes...) And proceed to the trash to find THE 3 PIECES OF BROCCOLI SITTING ON TOP?! Ok... where do they learn this from? And I'm sorry if he really wants to get away with it he has to do a better job than that (at least hide it under the rest of the trash....) I do have to give him props for admitting he lied... but still he has to get that little smirk on his face the instant he knows he's caught! Just like his father that one is... whenever we get into an argument about something or I'm angry he's instantly laughing and I just want to punch him in the face! (his father... not Bubba...) Anyway... he's been lying about the dumbest things... but I'm not really sure how to deal with it. I've tried reasoning with him, I've tried time-outs, I've tried taking things away... nothing is really working yet...

Oh Ceej.... my cute little punk Ceej.... The "blu paci" as he calls it... is gone... I kind of made him get rid of it cold-turkey... I know its a bit mean considering how much he loved it... but I was getting really tired of him waking up in the middle of the night frantic b/c he couldn't find it (If you know me at all you should know I don't like my sleep to be interrupted...) Bubba is going to bed a little earlier now that he has school in the afternoons and can't take naps. We hadn't been making Ceej go to bed any earlier b/c he can still nap during the day. Well a couple weeks ago Ceej made me go through the drill of putting him to sleep to only get out of bed and say "no sleepy". Yea well I wasn't in the mood so I said "you can go to sleep now... WITH your paci.... or you can go to sleep later.. WITHOUT it..." I repeated it several times and he just laughed and smiled running around like crazy. So later that night he went to bed w/o it. Only he didn't go to bed. He proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs and cry and carry on forever. That first night JDub was a trooper and he laid with him until he fell asleep. The second night I tried to lay with him until he fell sleep after lots of explaining... but apparently I am not a ninja and can not get out of his bed the way JDub does and he woke up clinging to me for dear life. Let's just say its been a couple weeks now and we are still struggling......... we've stopped the laying with him and moved on to the holding the door shut keeping him in his room. I believe it went on for over and hour 2 nights ago... and last night was a much shorter-lived tantrum. I can only pray God will help him through it (and help me not break down) because it is exhausting every night and every nap-time to go through this. Its hard to believe some stupid piece of plastic used to make him curl up in his bed and go right to sleep no fuss!

At least I had a nice surprise this morning.... Bubba slept in til 8:00! He NEVER does that... and Ceej slept in til 7:30 :) Well technically he came into bed with me around 6:20... but he fell back asleep until 7:30... I really do love my kids... I just also really love my sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. I heard someone took their kiddo to the store and told them they were allowed to pick out 1 toy and pay for it with the pacifier. But explained to them, that once you get the toy they can't have the pacifier back. Then explain to the cash register person ahead of time what is going to happen so they understand to just throw it away after you leave. Not sure if that would have helped or not.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)