Sunday, July 3, 2011

Made in the 80's

So I don't remember exactly where I got this shirt... I do believe it was back in high school. Of course I love the 80's.... I mean that's when I was born, making the world a better place for all. Ha! J/k!!! But yea here's the before shot, it was a little on the tight and short-side. I for one have loved this new trend of long and lean shirts... the longer... THE BETTER. I can't stand wearing shirts that graze my waistline. I much prefer having that tum and a little of the rear-end covered :)
I had this black tank top in the "goodwill" pile b/c it was also on the short side... I don't need any cami's just grazing my waistline either! But then I thought I could use the material to make this shirt longer....

First I seam-ripped one of the sides. I decided to use this front corner (one of the longest pieces of material available) and pinned the pink shirt down. I just left the raw edges hanging out a bit... 80's was all about being raw and crazy right? You can see how I already had pinned it down and then was like "oh yea... maybe I should take a picture of this!" I've been all out of sorts with my laptop being out of commission. I thought it was back up and running but now I'm worried my usb drives are not functioning correctly... I couldn't upload these photos on it! I'm back in the basement office...... but back to the re-fashion...


Here she is!





For clarification the strap you are seeing in the photos is NOT the tank... it's a black bra! Since that tank was too short before I had to cut the straps off :) Now I can still rock my made in the 80's shirt and I didn't have to spend a dime on extra fabric. yay!

Just wanted to have a shout out to AMERICA!!! Happy 4th of July everyone. Hope you are having a fabulous holiday weekend. Here's my new pedicure in celebration!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)