Wednesday, February 9, 2011

100% Irish

So I'm not exactly 100% Irish... but I know I have some in me! The other day I was able to go out shopping on my own! Just me, myself and I....... and I rather enjoyed it. While I try to avoid spending too much money.. I just wanted to shop so I headed to Goodwill. At least that place is cheap right!? I ended up finding this shirt! Thought it would be a cute St. Paddy's Day shirt....


This was a Large, so first thing was taking it in... Its funny how you don't really pay attention to how something is made until you're trying to alter it. Most t-shirts don't have seams on the sides... but I had to make this one! I cut up the sides and cut the sleeves off.


I then trimmed the sleeves down a little bit, and cut in the sides. I did a little bit of an hourglass cutto make it taper in a little bit...

After pinning the new sleeves on I sewed them with the machine! This proved to be a little bit harder than I thought it would be... I had some issues figuring out which way to pin them in order to have the pins facing the right way so I could take them out while sewing... but I figured it out eventually.


After sewing each sleeve back on I pinned and sewed down the side seams...

Then it was time for the neck line! I wanted to try a V-neck... so I cut a slit down the middle in the front then pinned them down I ended up cutting the rest of the neck off in the back and pinned that down as well. I sewed all the way around in a kind of circle.

I'm not sure if I love the way the shirt turned out... but I do think its an improvement! I am just learning on my own... I should really take a sewing class and have professionals tell me what to do..
P.S. This is JDub's idea of a good "after" photo... he probably knew I'd hate how I looked and just decided to chop my head off......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)