Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Public Restrooms

I don't enjoy using public restrooms... but sometimes it is a necessity (especially when you're prego). I think it should be a law that all public restrooms have pull handles when you enter... and push when you leave. It just makes sense right? I mean you would hope that people wash their hands after using the restroom (I know I do!) but you'd be surprised how often I see people use the facilities and then just leave! Gross!! So then I have to touch the door handle they just touched with their dirty hands?! I don't think so! Might as well have not even washed my hands at all!



Paper towels, hand dryer, pull down towel.....
Personally I prefer paper towels... I know they aren't the best for the environment... but I don't have to worry about a soggy towel... or the hand dryer taking forever or having to push the button over and over and over again until finally my hands are dry! I also like to use the paper towel to open the door if it happens to be a pull handle for a little extra protection..

I know you're probably thinking I'm some kind of germ-a-phobe! I'm no Howie Mandel.... but I do like to be clean!

Automatic flush, soap dispensor, paper towel......
I remember the first time I heard about the automatic flusher! I thought how cool is that?! I hate having to touch the flusher handle! Who knows what went on in that stall before you. But then I tried one... not only did it flush at the wrong time.... it wouldn't flush at the end when I really wanted it to!? What is up with that? as long as I can kick the handle or push it with my foot I'm good to go...
The whole soap dispensor thing seems kinda cool... but half the time I'm waving my hand around like and idiot trying to get it to sense I'm there! JDub said he was using the urinals and kept hearing  this weird sound... next thing he goes to wash his hands and there is soap all over the place b/c the thing was going off w/o people being around?! Seems like a waste...
I like the auto paper towels... they seem to work pretty well, but I dont mind working for it either!

To all you people designing bathrooms out there... think about these things before you start! I love those bathrooms that dont even have doors... just the walls that line up just right... smart! And don't even get me started on Port-o-potties.....

3 comments:

  1. Ah, public restrooms...lol! Yeah sometimes I use the ones at Alliant Energy and they go off when I'm not ready so I have to push the manual button on the back of the toilet anyway. The same with the auotmatic soap dispensers...those things go off when my hand isn't even near the sensor...oh well at least they are trying to save.

    DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, because I HATE HATE HATE public bathrooms. If the sink is not automatic, I make my kids use hand sanitizer instead of touching the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Laura I love this!
    Believe me, I've thought about ideal bathroom design plenty, so this made me laugh. I like the maze entry way, that way you don't have to touch doors at all! And I'm definitely not a fan of auto-flush toilets--they flush early and splash on you! Yuck!
    Hope you're doing well:)
    Catherine Schierbrock

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)