Saturday, May 26, 2012

who doesn't love ruffles?

So I came across this beauty at a garage sale last year.....



















It's a pretty simple nighty... pink cotton with satin around the edge of the arms and neckline. A little butterfly detail and some lace as well.

I tell you what, it looked comfortable, AND it was on a table listed "FREE"! So of course I grabbed it up. JDub instantly hated it... he said all he can picture (every time I wear it) was the "unattractive, large lady" from the garage sale we purchased it from. I will admit it did resemble a muu muu..........

But hey it was free and comfortable!? And its not like I was wearing it out in public or anything.

Any way, I decided to doll it up a bit :)

First I took it in a little on each side. Not too much.... but just a little so the armpit holes weren't gaping so much. I also seam-ripped and removed the front portion, with some satin and lace... The look wasn't bad but I just thought I'd change the neckline a bit. I used the excess fabric from taking it in and made some new "straps" for the front of the nighty. Since I seam-ripped everything the outer satin edging was already there to sew everything back on.
It still looked a bit frumpy, so I took some of the length off.

And I added some white ruffles!


Isn't it cute now? I know I'm prolly getting a bit old to wear frilly things... but eh I'm not 30......yet...

p.s. here is a fabulous link on how to add ruffles! ruffles tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)