Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rainbows and Butterflies birthday

I thought I'd post a few pictures from my niece's birthday party :) My sister did most of the work... but I did help with a few things!

I found the idea for the hanging mobiles on Pinterest (I know... you're SHOCKED!!) You can find the link to the tutorial here... diy modern paper mobiles I have to say it was kinda hard to find the special "vellum" paper. I wanted to use all the colors of the rainbow... but Michael's was pretty limited on their selection. I'm sure you could buy some online if you have the time though!


* While they looked cute for a while... the paper did start to curl and not look so cute. I substituted washers for the fishing weights... and my thread broke while trying to sew 2 of them (hence the shortness on a couple of them!!!) It was my fault for buying cheap thread (you think it won't matter what thread you use but it really does!)

*I also started cutting the paper in strips on the longer end at first (11 inches vs. 8.5) So then I cut those in half (instead of having a 1 in x 8.5 inch like the site called for..... I had a 1x11 which I then cut to two 1 x 5.5 inch strips). I have to say the paper curled less with the shorter length... so if I try these out again I'd go for the shorter length ones! They don't curl and still look pretty cute. (you can see the shorter one on the end there in yellow and green)


 We had some fun making a nice rainbow with poster-board, sharpies, and cotton balls! The boys helped with the clouds :)

 Mom made a nice rainbow fruit platter....... doesn't it look yummy?!

Mom also ordered in these fabulous cookies!!! Aren't they adorable!? They were delicious too :)
You can find the maker of these cookies at www.facebook.com/emistreats Emily Isaac is her name!

As if we needed MORE sweets....... my sis ordered a cute butterfly/rainbow cake from Hy-Vee.

For the end of February we sure got a doozy of a snowstorm!


Personally......... I'm ready for it to be spring.... but it sure was pretty!

I can't wait to see the rainbow scrap shirt on her soon! I hope it looks super cute :)


1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)