Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freezer paper stenciling

So I found this on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it out!! You'll need Freezer paper, x-acto knife, fabric paint and an iron.

First you figure out what you'd like to stencil onto your shirt. I found a nice silhouette of the great state of Iowa and traced it on the non-shiny side of the freezer paper (I held it up to the window and that worked great!)

Then you use a hot iron to adhere the freezer paper to the shirt; I also put more freezer paper inside to make sure the paint wouldn't bleed through. I ironed both sheets of freezer paper at at the same time. Then you paint! I dabbed it on with a cotton ball... nothing fancy. I was reading that to make sure the paint will stay through washing you'll need to use a fabric medium... so I guess I'll have to try that next time...

But for now this is how it turned out. The freezer paper peeled off really easily.

Cute huh?! Bubba was modeling it for me :)

Now I have to think of more things to stencil?! It was so easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)