Friday, September 16, 2011

LBD take 2

Hello Friday night!!! Whoo hoo.. this is what I'm doing this evening... yep blogging... I like blogging and all... but the extra nice part is I have this to enjoy as well!!!


I tried to make the  picture look all fancy and yet you can see pampers points sitting on top of that wine box... go figure!!!

My last LBD (Little Black Dress) proved to be a bit of a challenge! It turned out quite fancy! I am still planning on wearing it to a wedding coming up in a few weeks! I'll have to add some black hose and a cardigan or wrap though! It's chilly these days!

I acquired this other black dress through my sis down in TN, thanks FF! It's a size Large, from Old Navy. It has a drawstring waste, but its a bit too big.... The sleeves went well over my hands.

So I had planned on taking a few photos along the way for this lil project... and then I realized the camera was in Bubba's room on the top bunk... and he was taking a nap... so yea I was NOT gonna wake him up just to take some pictures... So I'll just describe what I did! I found some black lace in the scrap bin at Hancock fabrics and thought I might be able to jazz it up a little bit more! Since the sleeves were a big long anyway... I thought I'd take it down to a 3/4 length. I seam ripped the arms off the piece... cut some strips of fabric off to make room for the lace...(lace is very in right now... ok maybe not right now.. but it was earlier this summer!) used some elastic on the ends... and whaa laa :)







It's a bit looow cut! I might have to invest in some of that double sided sticky tape! But it is super comfy!

3 comments:

  1. That dress is freaking adorable! Both of them actually, but the lacy-armed one I especially love. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and also - Ackerman rhubarb is my FAVORITE! like drinking candy ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)