Tuesday, June 21, 2011

old navy tank

BEFORE
So I bought three of these.... they were all on sale at the time, and I needed something to wear under a short sweatshirt for an 80's night!!! I wasn't sure what color I wanted... and I got mediums without trying them on cause I figured that would be good. Well they're a little big! They're almost too big... So I was trying to figure out how I could get them a little more fitted. I tried just taking the sides in a bit on the green one I bought.... but to be honest you can't even tell I did anything. So this time I decided to try something else!
80's night! JDub would prolly freak if I showed
all of him but he was looking good in a track suit :)

First I seam ripped one side out. I figured I could just take it in on the one side... I know it wouldn't be symmetrical but I feel like I couldn't get it even anyway so why try. This way I'm purposely making it off-center! I cut a kind of triangle shape out with the pointy-end toward the armpit of the shirt, and the long

Then I took the extra fabric and made a kind of scrunchie... I wrapped it around the straps of the back of the shirt and had the fabric inside out. This way I could sew the seam down the side and then turn it right-side out after.
And here she is!! New tank top and my new hair-do as well :)
 AFTER
So yea I'm a broken record... another terrible picture... but the tank is a little cuter!! It fits better and I don't look like a big blob in it :) I might have to figure something out for the other two now!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Love the hair... Did you get that magazine?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)