Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter celebration

I love Easter... first off its not all about the bunnies and candy... Easter is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ!!! If that isn't something to celebrate about... I dunno what is!?

It was extra special this year b/c we were celebrating little Ceej's 1st birthday... can you believe it?! He is just a walking/talking/dancing/crazy lil man I tell you what. I decided to go with an Easter themed party b/c it fell later in the month this year. We were also having family in town anyway! I figured it would be nice weather too so we could have it outdoors!


It was crappy weather all week... but thank you Lord, it was decent on Easter. A little on the chilly side... but do-able for an outdoor party.


My sisters and brother-in-laws' all helped out for the party! We dyed eggs one night and the day of the party I arranged them in baskets with fake grass and bunnies for decor.


Thanks so much to my parents for letting me have the celebration at their house... no worrying about cleaning my house... haha! And they have a gorgeous backyard too :)


After chowing down on some yummy food! (Compliments to JG and his pulled pork sandwiches. They were DELICIOUS!!)........... It was time for the Easter Egg Hunt :)
Bubba was more interested in bugs in the yard than picking up his eggs... but after opening the eggs and eating some candy he got more excited about the eggs. Ceej needed some help finding them... but he did enjoy opening and closing them. My nephew and niece came to the party as well! It was lots of fun. And I think our Bunny Cupcakes were a hit :)

Easter Bunny Cupcakes
I found these cute little guys on the link above. I changed mine a little bit... but they turned out pretty cute! Note to self... DO NOT buy jellybeans from the Dollar Tree... yuck! They were old and icky... I warned everyone not to eat the bunnies' nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)