Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ain't Technology Great?!

For the most part.. I LOVE technology. I mean remember when the internet first came out!!? I was obsessed. All I did was sit in front of that computer in my parents kitchen and chat ALL the time with friends. There was this thing I would go on after school too... Gosh I just can't think of the name of it right now... but it was awesome! You could play pictionary with other people from all over! You'd sit there and wait for the other players to start drawing and then you'd guess! I'd have to say I was pretty good at it... some people would get mad at me and leave the "room" I was in b/c they didn't like losing. And then you'd have a chance to draw too. It was cool.

And cell phones... its a wonder we lived w/o them for so long! You know how I feel about my Instant Netflix on XBox too (LOVE IT!!!). Mp3 players are also pretty sweet... I'm not cool like everyone else, I don't have an IPod... but its all good. I'm not gonna lie... I kinda wish I had a Kindle too! I mean not having to go to the library and pick out books... or wait on a waiting list FOREVER. Or even go to a bookstore! You can just download it! Too cool... So yea for the most part I'd say I Heart Technology...

UNTIL THIS..........

Ok yea I know this is a terrible pic... but this is a mobile speed trap that's hanging around the area... Ok seriously I do not get out much... I'll admit I'm a hermit crab (and will probably be even worse when it gets cold around here...) but of course the one day I do get out, I just go flying by this thing! I was too busy responding to the 15 million questions Bubba asks these days that I didn't even notice it! Then all of a sudden it clicks and I'm like ahhhh crap! I debated whether or not to tell JDub.... so I just told him when we were laying in bed trying to go to sleep. See usually I'll talk to him about something that pops into my head b/c it's hard to have an adult conversation around the house. Bubba's always "What doing Mommy?" or "I need gummy worms!" interrupting whenever we try to talk so its hard to remember what was actually discussed. I thought this would be a good time to tell him also b/c he tends to fall asleep and not remember some of the things I tell him. So.... I thought I could play the "I told you that!" card if in fact we get a ticket here in the mail. But turns out he WAS listening and knows. The ONE time I would want him to be asleep and not remember he's awake... go figure. I rarely enter contests or gamble for this exact reason... I am not a "lucky" person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)