Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let's all go to the movies...

Bubba had his first movie experience this week! The local cheap theater (movies are ususally $3 a pop) has a promotion going on this summer. Free kids movies (kids 17and under are free, adults $1) Monday thru Thursday at 10:00 all summer long! This week was Monsters vs. Aliens. I had been wanting to go all summer but didn't really have the chance until this week. My grandmother is in town from Tennessee to see Baby for the first time :). She's loving him and his red hair of course (she's a red-head as well!). So I convinced her and my mom to come along and take the kids. Baby was wonderful... he just watched the movie/slept the whole time. Bubba on the other hand didn't make it through the whole thing........ but he was pretty good for about an hour of it!

It was quite the production! They really went all out at the theater. Sparkles the Clown was there scaring... I mean "entertaining" before the movie. They had kid packs with popcorn and candy. I think Bubba was more excited about eating popcorn than actually watching the movie! Of course I made the mistake of letting him get a big container of apple juice... I thought if I held it while he drank we'd be ok. Yea well we were until he started fussing and saying "I DO IT!" Which in turn led him to spill apple juice all over his shirt... that was about the same time we had to leave and go out into the lobby...  I should have known it was going to be packed when we showed up and there were two school buses parked in the lot! There were 4 theaters all full of kids! It was pretty insane. It was fun though. And I'm glad he was able to experience it. We might have to try again before summers over... if I can recruit some help again!

On another note, Baby rolled over from his stomach to his back for the first time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)