Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update on life...

Saturday was awoken by my son crying at 4:30 am (Thank God it was the weekend and I could make my husband get him!!!) Fever by 10:00 am was 101 and climbing... dosed him with tylenol... called the Dr.'s office and took their advice to go to a walk-in urgent care... After spending hours waiting... saw a nurse practioner (dont know how I feel about these people.... I know that sounds back... but I prefer Doctors...) who looked in his ears said they were fine.... temp had gone down (obviously b/c I dosed him w/tylenol) he was still very lethargic though... they did a influenza test that came back negative, but that was inconclusive....

Sunday, stayed home from church (I was suppose to be in the nursery but would rather be with my sick son and frankly tired after getting up every 4 hours to check on his temp and give him more tylenol b/c it was high every time...) to tend to my sick son. He was doing better (meaning not as lethargic) but still the temp was there.. took time off and went to choir... then proceeded to wake up every 4 hours and check on his climbing fever... giving him tylenol.. etc.

Monday, actually went in to my old job to help out with data entry. My mom (a nurse) came over to watch the babe. When I got home he was pretty lethargic again, sick of it called his doc and got an appt. that day....... Turned out he has an ear infection and his wonderful doctor mentioned Motrin is better than tylenol... b/c you can give it to him every 6-8 hours... in stead of 4. His temp was practically gone with the Amoxicillin he started...

Tuesday, pretty bad day. Babe was very irritable.. thought I noticed a rash around his neck.. He didn't want to eat anything I presented him with and wanted to be held all day when he wasn't napping... Asked hubby if he thought it looked like a rash... he told me he saw nothing...he gave him a bath and put him to bed while I took a break and showered and went to the store.....

Wednesday, still noticed a rash on his neck... proceeded to continue the Amoxicillin and my mom called to check in on the patient. Told her about the rash, she told me to call Dr. Made an appt... turns out he was having an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin... great... changed meds and went on...

Which brings us to today... He is doing much better, actually ate a decent breakfast this morning and even though I'm suppose to discontinue the bottle I introduced it back b/c he's lost weight since his check-up 2 months ago. He chugged that milk like nobody's business... He has another appt later this month as a well child visit... I do not enjoy going to the Dr. 4 times in one month though... not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I stay with my children day in and day out. It's a 24/7 job. They are my life... along with my husband and kitty-cat! We have a simple life, and owe it all to God! I'm just trying to stay sane and keep my typing skills up to par.... hope you enjoy my rants :)